Method for Calculating Medical Fees
Our hospital calculates hospitalization fees based on the Diagnosis and Procedure Combination (DPC) classification system that determines a fixed daily cost for the combination of the patient's illness and symptoms and the treatment required. In addition, for operations, rehabilitation, radiation therapy, etc., medical fees are calculated for each medical procedure using the “pay-as-you-go method,” which is added to the fixed costs.
If the patient's illness does not fall under any of the DPC classification groups, or if the patient is hospitalized for dental or oral surgery, or admitted to the psychiatric ward, palliative care center, or the Intensive Inpatient Rehabilitation Ward, the fees will also be calculated by the pay-as-you-go method.
- You will be billed for the costs incurred from the 1st to the end of each month during your hospital stay. The invoice will be issued around the 12th of the following month, and distributed by the ward nurse.
- The invoice at the time of discharge will be prepared at the Reception Desk for Inpatient Cashier. The nurse will let you know when the invoice is ready.
- Those who are discharged on Sundays, public holidays, and hospital holidays will be billed at a later date. We will inform you of the amount as soon as the invoice is ready.
- Please pay at the automated payment machine in front of the Outpatient Cashier Counter on the 1st floor. (You will need your patient registration card or the invoice in order to pay.)
- In case the automated payment machine cannot process the payment, the staff at the Reception Desk for Inpatient Cashier will handle it. Please ask our staff at Inpatient Cashier.
- Please note that we may ask you to wait as it takes some time to issue the invoice.
- In addition to cash, we also accept bank transfers (transfer fees payable by the patient) and payments using the following credit and debit cards. For more information, please ask at the Reception Desk for Inpatient Cashier.
Impatient Cashier Desk Billing Business Hours
|Monday to Friday||8:45 a.m.–5:00 p.m.|
|Saturdays||8:45 a.m.–12:30 p.m.|
- The hospitalization fee includes, in addition to the cost of treatment calculated according to the type of insurance, the portion of hospital meal fees payable by the patient, private room surcharges, etc.
- Room surcharges vary depending on the type of room. Please ask the outpatient services of the department you are being seen in (or the Admitting Center), or the ward during your hospital stay.
- Regarding the days of your admittance and discharge, you will be billed a certain amount for the day regardless of the time in which you are admitted or discharged.
- Please hold on to the receipt, as it may be required to deduct medical expenses for income tax purposes. Please note that receipts cannot be reissued.
- Please refrain from showing your appreciation with gifts or money to hospital staff.
- Please schedule your discharge from the hospital in the morning unless there are special reasons not to do so.